The Department for Education strongly encourages schools to have a uniform as it can play a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of a school and setting an appropriate tone.
From September 2020 full uniform is required, including House Continent coloured ties. Uniform regulations are listed below. If an item of clothing or footwear is not listed, it is not school uniform.
Black tailored trousers or black knee length tailored skirt
White collared shirt [no rever collars permitted]
*Black Rhyddings Blazer with logo on pocket flap
House Continent colour specific Rhyddings tie (repeated logo design)
Black ‘V’ neck jumper with grey detail around neck (optional)
Black,grey or white socks or black tights
Plain black flat shoes – no black trainers, boots or canvas pumps/shoes
YEAR 11 Only
Rhyddings Continent tie; Prefects Blue repeated logo design tie; black tie for Junior Leadership Team
Rhyddings Year 11 grey V neck jumper with black trim – no other jumper or cardigan is permitted
*Please note Year 11 will continue to wear blazers from September 2020
Skirt – No pencil skirts which would restrict movement or lycra type ‘clingy’ skirts or trousers.
Shoes – Must be of a material that can be polished. No black trainers, boots or canvas pumps/shoes
Plain black hijab may be worn
Outdoor coats – Outdoor coats or jackets should be of a dark colour, ideally with a reflective strip or piping for safety. All outdoor clothing (coats, jackets, scarves, hats, gloves etc) must be removed on entry to classrooms.
PE KIT – ALL YEARS (all except trainers should be Surridge branded)
Boys and Girls
One black/white training shirt
One pair of black football socks
One pair of black football shorts (Asian heritage girls are allowed to wear black tracksuit bottoms)
Trainers – must not be black-soled for indoor use
Hair of shoulder length or longer should be tied back
Please also note the additional points below:
- No makeup, nail polish, acrylic nails or facial piercings
- Only one pair of gold or silver stud earrings can be worn, however these should be removed for PE
- No unnatural hair colours and no designs/ patterns in the hair
- No extremes of styles or shaved head
- No “hoodie” sweatshirt/ jumpers
- Any hairbands must be black
- Students are not expected to remove coats at the gate if it is bad weather or cold.
- They are expected to have coats off in the school building when arriving to lessons.
- If large winter coats do not fit in school bags then students can carry coats over their arm around school.
- Wet coats are not expected to be in school bags; in lessons they are expected to be at the back of chairs.
All students must have a bag for their books and equipment, which should include two pens, pencil and ruler and planner at the very minimum.
Any incorrect or missing items may be loaned from the school shop. Eg pumps (to replace incorrect footwear), ties, blazers etc.
Alternatively pupils may be sent home, where appropriate to correct items.