Acceptable Network Use Policy
Students at Rhyddings must agree to the following:
- I agree to access only those resources I have been given permission to use.
- I will access only resources with a supervisor present.
- The work/activity on the Internet will be directly related to my school work.
- Private use of the Internet in school is strictly forbidden.
- I will not disclose any password or login name I have been given, to anyone.
- I will not give personal addresses, telephone / fax numbers of any person.
- I will not, under any circumstances, give addresses/telephone numbers/fax numbers of any teachers and students at Rhyddings Business and Enterprise School
- Use of names of students, or photographs of students will require written permission from parent(s)/guardian(s).
- I will not download, use or upload any material and use material which is copyright.
I will always seek permission from the owner, before using any material from the Internet. If in doubt, I will not use the material.
- Under no circumstances will I view, upload or download and material which is likely to be unsuitable or cause offence. This applies to any material of a violent, dangerous, racist, or inappropriate sexual content. If I am not sure about this, I will ask a member of staff.
- I will always respect the privacy of files of other users. I will not attempt to log on to areas of other students or staff.
- I agree for the ICT management to view any material stored on the school’s computers, or on disks used on school’s computers.
- I will be polite and appreciate that other users might have different views than my own. The use of strong language, swearing or aggressive behaviour is not allowed. Do not state anything which could be interpreted as libel.
- If the school suspects a pupil of participating/instigating bullying using technology such as the Internet and phones, the school reserves the right to search such items.
Failure to comply with these rules will result in one or more of the following:
- A ban, temporary or permanent, on the use of the Internet facilities at school.
- A letter informing your parents of the nature and breach of rules.
- Appropriate sanctions and restrictions placed on access to school facilities
to be decided by Rhyddings Business and Enterprise School.
If you do not understand any part of this Acceptable Use Policy, you must ask the Head of ICT.