The Department for Education strongly encourages schools to have a uniform as it can play a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of a school and setting an appropriate tone.
At Rhyddings Business and Enterprise School we have clear uniform expectations. All students are expected to adhere to the wearing of full uniform at all times.
The uniform guidelines are linked to the Rhyddings basic expectations. If an item of clothing or footwear is not listed, it is not school uniform.
- Black tailored trousers or black knee length tailored skirt
- White collared shirt
- Black Rhyddings blazer
- House Continent colour specific Rhyddings tie
- Black ‘V’ neck jumper with grey detail around neck (optional)
- Black, grey or white socks or plain black tights
- Skirt – no pencil skirts which would restrict movement or lycra type ‘clingy’ skirts or trousers
- Plain black flat shoes
- Plain black hijab may be worn
- A school bag is compulsory
PE KIT – All Year Groups (Boys and Girls)
All pupils will need the following for PE:-
- One black / white training shirt
- One pair of black football socks
- One pair of black football shorts (Asian heritage girls are allowed to wear black tracksuit bottoms)
- Trainers (must not be black-soled for indoor use)
- Hair of shoulder length or longer should be tied back
- Coats to be appropriate for school and are not to be worn around the school building. All outdoor clothing (coats, jackets, scarves, hats, gloves, etc.) must be removed on entry to the school building.
Additional Points to Note:
- No make-up, nail polish, false nails or false eyelashes
- Facial piercings are to be removed
- No Jewellery including earrings
- No “hoodies” or sweatshirts to be worn.
- Hair bands / clips etc., must be plain black
- No unnatural hair colours and no designs / patterns in the hair
- No extremes of styles or shaved head
Basic School Equipment:
- Black pen
- School bag
Must be of a material that can be polished. No black trainers, boots, canvas pumps or suede shoes. (All shoes will be checked).
- If any piece of uniform is incorrect or missing, a replacement will be loaned for the day and a deposit taken, such as a phone or jacket, etc. The item on loan must then be returned at the end of the day to the Year Leader.
- Any student not wearing the appropriate footwear will be expected to wear plain black pumps for the day; leaving their own shoes in the Rhyddings shop and swapping them back at the end of the school day.
- Any student forgetting their uniform or bag twice within one week will receive a detention.
- Any repeat offenders will be sanctioned.
Please note school cannot accept any responsibility for the loss of valuables.