Travel and Tourism
The aim of the course is to inspire and enthuse students to consider a career in the travel and tourism sector, give students the opportunity to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the travel and tourism sector.
|Key stage 4 – Year 10 BTEC Tech Award in Travel and Tourism|
Component 2 – External Assessment
Influences on Global Travel and Tourism
· Demonstrate knowledge of the factors influencing travel and tourism organisations, destinations, visitors and the potential impacts of tourism on destinations
· Demonstrate understanding of the factors influencing travel and tourism organisations, destinations, visitors, the potential impacts of tourism on destinations and sustainable tourism
· Make connections between influencing factors on global travel and tourism, the potential impacts of tourism on destinations, and destination management
· Analyse information to make recommendations on how to manage tourism in global destinations
Component 1 – Internal Assessment
Travel and Tourism Organisations and Destinations
· Assignment 1 – Investigate the aims of UK travel and tourism organisations
· Assignment 2 – Explore travel and tourism and tourist destinations.
Component 3 – Internal Assessment
Customer Needs in Travel and Tourism
• Assignment 1 – Investigate how organisations identify travel and tourism trends
· Assignment 2 – Explore how to meet the needs and preferences of travel and tourism customers.
|Key stage 4 – Year 11 BTEC First Award in Travel and Tourism|
Unit –1 External Assessment
The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
· understand the UK travel and tourism sector and its importance to the UK economy
· know about the industries, and key organisations, within the travel and tourism sector, their roles and interrelationships
· understand the role of consumer technology in the travel and tourism sector.
Unit 2 – Internal Assessment
UK Travel and Tourist Destinations
Unit 3 – Internal Assessment
The Travel and Tourism Customer
Assignment 1 – investigate travel and tourism customer service
· Assignment 2 – explore the needs and expectations of different types of customer in the travel and tourism sector
· Assignment 3 understand the importance of customer service to travel and tourism organisations
Unit 4 – Internal Assessment
International Travel and Tourism Destinations
· Assignment 1 – The major international travel and tourism destinations and gateways
· Assignment 2 – investigate the appeal of international travel and tourism destinations to different types of visitor
· Assignment 3 – be able to plan international travel to meet the needs of visitors.